Saturday, May 12, 2012

Normans Cay

(We stayed at Normans Cay two times)

We made it to Normans Cay and anchored for the second time.  Dad and I were hungry so we went to McDuff's and had a hamburger and a soda.  After we ate we went for a walk to the other side of the island.  There are a lot of little shells here.  Dad said we will come over here tomorrow and snorkel. 

The next day we went over to the side of the island and got a lot of conch.  We went over to some little islands in the middle and at one we snorkeled.  Dad stayed in the dinghy until we got out of the current.  But I was out and it was hard to get through it.  We shot a grouper so we got lunch.

After dad got out he said to get out of the water so I did.  (onto a shallow rock)  He came and got me.  He said he got me out of the 8 foot sharks.  So we left with all the sharks and barracudas following us.

After all the excitement it was nothing but clouds for days.


The airplane here was not very interesting

A break during collecting conch and exploring

a small cay

exploring for shells

The last lobster of the season

Todays catch and collection

A Triton shell

Dad made me get out of the water.  Now I see why

With the sun reflections it looked like a tiger shark at first

Turns out to be just a little reef shark


No comments:

Post a Comment