Sunday, May 20, 2012

Entrepreneurial adventures of The Fisher King


When we were in Highborne Cay I thought Hmmm  If I only had a bunch of these.


Entrepreneurial adventures of the young often come as lemonade stands.  I once sold rocks at our yard sale.  Mom says I'm such the "little salesman".  Dad just smiles and shakes his head while I work on a deal.  With all the fractions, percents, word problems in my boat school math (TT6) one thing leads to another.  Before I knew it I had a great idea to offer everyone that reads our blog a chance to be part of the adventure (actually I found a way to make some spending cash for myself.  Dad says part goes to resupply boat school).  This will also make for a great school project before dad finds one I don't want to do.

The medium and large conch shells

As dad helped me put the shells into buckets of bleach water to clear out any left over smelly stuff we grouped them by size. We decided on 3 sizes just like drinks at McDonalds. Small for $20, Medium for $30 and the Largest ones for $40. Payment can be made to Paypal at hartgeh23@msn.com. Please state your order request and make sure the shipping address is correct (USA only at this price). If you wish you can just send an email and we can send you an invoice from Paypal. Shipment will be once I am in the US again.

Small conchs at $20.00 shipped 


 Medium conchs at $30.00 shipped


 Large conchs at $40 shipped

If you have been entertained by my catching fish & sharks, falling off the dock and other shenanigans this is a better deal than going to the movies.

Or you can think of it like being hit up to buy magazines, flowers or chocolate from the local school. If you buy magazines from the school the school gets x%. The students get rewards based on sales also. Even the Boy Scouts sell popcorn and the Girl Scouts sell cookies. Since I am not pushing candy, popcorn, flowers or magazines I think you can at least buy one Helmet Conch shell to keep you relaxed while at work.

The items on the top of the list are:

  • School Supplies 
  • Bikes (Since someone stole our bikes!) 
  • Fishing Supplies 
  • Kayak (I need my own dinghy) 
  • Ice cream 
I never realized how expensive what dad calls operating costs were. Shipping from one place to another is just too much. Trying to find boxes or buying boxes, packing material and tape are expensive. The time and materials to clean the shells and get them ready was more than I expected. I think I understand why dad just smiled and shook his head at the idea. Even the credit card people want a percentage!

Buy some Conch!
The Fisher King


No comments:

Post a Comment