Saturday, May 12, 2012

Highborne Cay


Highborne Cay Marina

W made it to Highborne Cay.  We anchored in the anchorage then rowed to the marina for food and water.  We also got drinks and payed for internet.  After that we got another soda and walked to the other side of the island but thought it was to far to the beach.  By the time we got back to the dinghy it got caught in the surf.  We spent the past 20 minutes bailing out the dinghy, finding flippers, gloves and putting everything on the swim platform.  Cleaning the dinghy and putting every thing back in and rowing back to shore.


A nice can of relaxing soda

At these prices I could make a fortune, must get more shells

Local cleaning the daily catch

Feeding time

I caught a grouper on a sabiki rig

The next day we went to the internet but the price was bumped up to $10 for 30 minutes.  Instead we got drinks and I got a pack of gum.  We then walked to the other side of the island.  It was not as far as we thought it was.  So we walked on the beach and looked around for anything interesting.  So we walked back to the end and walked on the rocks.  I picked up a shell (West Indian Top Shell) and it was still alive.  It's sucking mouth sucked on my finger, it was cool.  After that we went back to the dinghy and then we went snorkeling.  We saw reef sharks, nurse sharks and grouper.  I even saw a giant sting ray.  I also found a flame helmet conch.  Dad shot a grouper with his sling.  Os after that we ate dinner.


Trail to the beach on the windward side

Highborne Cay Beach to the North

Highborne Cay Beach to the South

After dinner Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. We caught a shark  Pull! Reel! Pull! Reel! She got under the boat and caught on the keel.There is no way we can get her out now! Pull! Reel!  Pull! Reel! We are gaining line!  She made another run.  She finally let us move.  So we moved to the other side of the boat and freed the keel.  Pull! Reel! Pull! Reel!.  We got her to the top of the water.  Se made another run and we did it all over again.  I named her Lolli  ("lollipop! lollipop! Oh lolli lolli...")

I caught this at the same time as the one below.  Two rods two fish.

Pull! Reel! Pull! Zing!

 Pull! Reel! Pull! Come on Lolli

 Pull! Reel! Pull! Zing! Pull! Reel! Come on Lolli

Hello Lollipop!

I'm the man!  I'm the man!  I am the Fisher King!

The Fisher King

No comments:

Post a Comment